Q: What is the IATA restrictions for traveling with Larger Lithium ion batteries?
"Larger" lithium ion batteries are rated between 100 and 300 watt-hours (8-25 g equivalent lithium content, or ELC.)
You can find the detailed regulations at this link:
www.safetravel.dot.gov Also, please check your airline before you travel.
Q: Where can I buy SWIT Products?
1. You can directly buy our products online at www.swit.us
2. Our local showroom address: 3350 Scott Blvd 61-02, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
Find your local dealer at:
4. Sales Representatives:
contact SWIT reps at: Reps
Q: When using the battery pack for the first time, what should I do?
1. The lithium-ion battery has no memory effect. The battery pack can be recharged before being fully discharged.
2. To take advantage of the battery pack, you must charge and discharge the battery completely at initial use.
3. The self-discharging of the lithium-ion battery can be neglected.
Q: How long does it take to charge and discharge the battery pack?
The time of charging and discharging depends on the remaining capacity of the battery pack.
1. Click here to check the charging time (Sign in before download).
2. The time of discharging= capacity (WH)/actual load (W)
Q: Why does the LED indicator show full capacity but the battery pack cannot supply power?
1. The remaining capacity is showed through calculating the voltage. After the battery used for a long time, the capacity will reduce accordingly. The voltage will become high when charged which makes the power look full. Actually, the capacity is very low and cannot be used for a long time.
2. For some model battery, there is a build-in intelligent circuit which has multiple protections of abnormal current. When the battery is used over its normal current, the over-current protection will be trigger.
Q: What's the compatibility of the SWIT battery pack and chargers with other original products?
1. All the V-lock battery pack can be charged on SONY original charger BC-50/100. SWIT charger 302S/304S/3802S/3004S can charge SONY original battery L40/L60/L80/75.
2. SWIT battery pack and charger can also compatible with other original charger and battery with the same mount.
3. SWIT chargers can identify the different types of batteries. Ni-cd, Ni-MH and Li-ion battery all can be charged under secure and reliable conditions.
Q: Can S-8U62 be charged by Sony original charger?
Yes, S-8U62 can be charged by Sony original charger which is for Sony BP-U30/U60. It also can be charged by SWIT portable charger S-3010B.
Q: What is the function of the connector at the front of the SWIT battery pack?
It can connect SWIT wireless receiver mount S-7002 and also the SONY original microphone C1/C2 can be attached to the mount.
Q: Why do some batteries lose capacity after only about one year of usage?
The life cycle of the Li-ion battery is normally charging and discharging 500 times. If used in high frequency, the cell will age more quickly.
Q: What is the difference between LED light S-2000 and S-2010?
S-2000 is D-tap plug designed, input DC is 10V~17V.
S-2010 is for DV camera with the bracket adaptor S-7200F/P/J/C, or powered directly by SWIT battery S-8972 and S-8D62, input DC is 6V~9V.
Q: How can I fix the SWIT S-2000 light on the screw thread of my camera?
S-2000 has a cold shoe connector, and if you want to fix it the on the screw thream, you just need to take the cold shoe connector off. Please check S-2000 LED light
Q: Why do some SWIT products use the "Walkart " logo?
A: We use the "Walkart" logo for all of our batteries and chargers in the US market, we use "SWIT" logo for our other products, such as monitors, LED lights, etc.
Q: What is the return policy?
A:Our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to SWIT within 30 days of receipt of item(s).
Also you have the option of exchanging the item(s) or receiving a full amount refund of the original purchase price. If payment was made by credit card, paypal, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card and paypal statement. If payment was made by check, the refund check will be issued after 10 business days once we receive the product(s). For returns beyond 30 days, there is a 25% re-stocking charges. All shipping cost are not re-fundable.
Please call us for details.
Q: Do I need to recycle my used and wasted batteries?
A: Yes. By federal regulations, rechargeable batteries are required to be recycled.
Q: Where can I recycle my wasted batteries ?
A: You can find battery collection locations in your area, by zip code, at http://california.earth911.org and www.rbrc.com.
Please check your local collection locations in your state.
Q: For SWIT S-8845 / S-8972 / S-8BG6 / S-8D62 / S-8823 batteries, what is the pole output jack size?
A: The inner diameter (core diameter) is 2.1mm, the outer diameter is 5.5mm.
DC connector: 2.1mmx5.5mm power socket.
Q: For some SWIT batteries, is there a way to read how many cycles the battery has gone through already?
A: For S-8172/S-8160 batteries, the method to roughly read cycles is as follows:
Press and hold the power indicator button for about 5 seconds. The power indicator light will start to flash. The flashing times stands for the cycles. For example, if the cycles is 53, the tens digit will flash for 5 times, and the unit digit will flash 3 times.
The following picture shows the detailed info
to make this more clearly.